Pillow Talk Lipstick & Lip Liner Review

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - October 06, 2020

Charlotte Tilbury MATTE REVOLUTION PILLOW TALK ORIGINAL Lipstick and LIP CHEAT PILLOW TALK ORIGINAL lip liner


The Pillow Talk Lipstick is a definitely a cult product to try and Charlotte Tilbury's website states that it is the #1 Lipstick in the UK Luxury Makeup Market* and 1 is sold every 3 minutes. I wanted to try and test out the product by myself to see doesn't it really reach the hype? 

Matte revolution PILLOW TALK ORIGINAL - RRP FULL-SIZE £25
  • Lipstick Tree & Orchid extract softens, protects and hydrates lips for younger-looking, healthy lips
  • 3D glowing pigments create the illusion of lit-from-within lips that appear wider and fuller
  • A blend of oils, triglycerides & waxes give you buildable, long-lasting colour for up to 10 hours!
  • Revolutionary, square, angled tip mimics the shape of a lip brush for precision application

The Pillow Talk shade is described as 'perfect nude pink' and on the website, it really looks like a dreamy nude pink shade that could really flatter most skin fair to medium skin tones. 

Is the colour accurate?

I feel like the colour on my skin tone shows of more brown and grey than on the images, while I really enjoy the shade it is not my go-to nude as I feel that it washes me out. Overall I was a bit dissappointed when I wore this shade first time - as the shade is so hyped up I really thought this would be the perfect pinky nude for me.

How about the formula?

Even if the shade Pillow Talk didn't become my number one fav, the formula definitely did. I love creamy matte lipsticks and this is the one formula that really spoke to me. It is smooth to apply and has a nice buttery feeling to it, but locks in place on the lips and show matte without drying or gathering to my fine lines. It gives you nice buildable coverage and the square angeled tip of the lipstick is easy to apply, the lips look fuller and wider.

Overall Score 4/5 - to me, this didn't reach the hype.


    Charlotte Tilbury MATTE REVOLUTION PILLOW TALK ORIGINAL Lipstick and LIP CHEAT PILLOW TALK ORIGINAL lip liner

    • LIP CHEAT PILLOW TALK ORIGINAL - RRP full-size £17 

      • Perfect your lip shape and make your lipstick stay in place all day!
      • Smoothes over texture for a seamless line, so you can resize and reshape for a fuller pout.
      • Lasts up to 6 hours with no smudging*
      • Waterproof formula means there is no feathering or transfer.
      • Ideal for perfectly defined, colour-rich lips.

    The Pillow Talk Lip Cheat has been the talk of the beauty industry for years. I feel that everyone is using it and I see why. The formula is smooth and the colour is perfect for most fair to medium skin tones to overline your lips to make them appear bigger. 

    Overall I really enjoyed the lip liner - I would recommend it to anyone who would like to buy into a luxury beauty brand. It is definitely a good purchase, but at the same time, there are so many drugstore lip liners that are more eco-friendly (in a wood pencil instead of plastic) and that have a similar shade. 

    Would I buy this one again? Maybe not, but I would be curious to pick up a few other shades.

    Overall Score 5/5

    • Share:

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments