Elf Bite Size Beauty Palettes Acai You + Rose Water Review

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - October 10, 2020

elf bite size beauty eyeshadow palettes acai you and rose water

Elf Bitesize Eyeshadow Palettes have been the talk of the beauty industry this summer and how could they not? They are affordable (only £3), they come in 8 shades and they are easy to buy. I initially didn't want to pick these up and I was more interested in the Elf Bitesize Blush Palettes that didn't yet launch in the UK unfortunately, so eventually, I gave in and got these two mini palettes.

I got the shades:

Elf - Bitesize eyeshadow palette - Rose Water - RRP £3

Elf - Bitesize eyeshadow palette -Acai You - RRP £3

elf bite size beauty eyeshadow palettes acai you and rose water

elf bite size beauty eyeshadow palettes acai you colour swatch on arm

Elf - Bitesize eyeshadow palette -Acai You - RRP £3

First I want to say, I'm not usually a big fan of cool-toned eyeshadows especially blues, but these hues really spoke to me and after seeing a few eyeshadow looks with this palette I decided I wanted to try this out and I'm really happy I did! I don't have anything like this on my collection and the light matte grey-baby-blue shade was something I really wanted to try.

The palette consists of four shades - deep almost black blue, shimmer purple-blue, shimmer grey-blue and matte grey baby blue. While I won't be reaching for the darker blues, I know I will use up the pastel shade.

elf bite size beauty eyeshadow palettes acai you colour swatch on arm

Elf - Bitesize eyeshadow palette - Rose Water - RRP £3

The Rose Water palette is a cool-toned rose champagne eyeshadow palette with one matte shade, two shimmer shades, and one shade that seems to be somewhere in between. 

The first shade is true Champagne shimmer shade that is amazing as inner corner highlight, brow bone highlight, or just all over the lid. It is pigmented and super smooth on the skin, it blends well and gives a lovely dimension to the eyes.

The second shade was the reason I was so drawn to this palette, the shade is somewhere between cool-toned brown and pinkish-mauve that I found super unique and interested. It is the only properly matte shade on this palette and it applies nicely, it is pigmented and for £3, I would have only bought this shade. 

elf bite size beauty eyeshadow palette rose water colour swatch on arm

The third shade is a warm rose shimmer shade that is neutral enough to be my liking. It is smooth, nicely blendable and adds shine to the lids. While I really like the shade I don't think it is that unique in the end.

The last shade is dark brown that has light golden shimmer on it, but when applied to the eyelid the shade looks matte. 

Overall the shade range is gorgeous and you can easily create gorgeous beginner-friendly looks with this, without trying to think too much. The palettes only downfall is that the matte shades are a bit patchy and really hard to blend, it is such a shame as the colour story is so beautiful and the price point so good that I really hoped this would be the next cult eyeshadow product. 

For £3, do I think it is worth it? I think for anyone looking to play around with new colours definitely, but if you own a lot of palettes with these shades already you don't really need these in your collection in my opinion.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments