MAC

Mac Longwear Paint Pot Soft Ochre Review

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - December 31, 2020


A highly pigmented, long-wearing, blendable eye primer and/or cream shadow – M·A·C Pro Longwear Paint Pot goes on creamy and dries to an intense, vibrant finish that lasts for 24 hours. The innovative second skin-like creamy shadow formula blends smoothly over lids and creates seamless, buildable coverage without looking heavy or cakey. Its superior colour purity stays true and will not streak or crease. Pro Longwear Paint Pot can be mixed with other products, like M·A·C shadows and liners. - Mac website

What it promises:
- flexible coverage
- 24h wear
- intense vibrant second-skin-like finish

Mac paint pots, especially the shade Painterly has quite a cult following and I have been eyeing these paint pots for a while so when I saw them on sale on Black Friday I picked soft ochre shade. I was choosing between Soft Ochre and Painterly, but decided to go with this yellow-beige shade and I'm so glad I did.



THE COLOUR

The soft Ochre shade is a yellow-beige shade that fits with my pale skin tone perfectly - it brightens my eye area and the yellow shade reduces the look of any redness I have. I can even use this under my eye as a concealer.

THE FORMULA
This paint pot formula has a flexible coverage and it is best used by applying with a finger, this way you get the best feel to the product. I find that with a brush I end up using too much of the product and it ends up creasing, with finger applying I don't have this issue. 

When applied sparingly the paint pot does have a second-skin-like finish, it seems to blend with skin seamlessly to the skin.


OVERALL
I'm super impressed. You get 5g of product that is not much, but you will use such a small amount even if used daily this will last a long time. If you are thinking about buying this product, definitely check a good shade for you - I almost got the shade Painterly but no thinking about it - it would have been way too pink for me.

Have you tried Mac's Pro Longwear paint pots?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments