Morphe Does the Lipstick Formula Reach the Hype?

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - October 05, 2020

Morphe OUT & A POUT NUDE PINK LIP TRIO and W8 Blush palette

I splurged on some Morphe items that were on sale earlier this summer - Out & a Pout Nude pink lip trio and 8W warm master blush palette and I'm so happy I did! The Morphe lip formula really blew my mind.

OUT & A POUT NUDE PINK LIP TRIO - £18

8W WARM MASTER BLUSH PALETTE - £20 on sale £10

https://uk.morphe.com/

Morphe OUT & A POUT NUDE PINK LIP TRIO colour swatch on arm Backseat love lip liner, wifey matte lipstick and Pink Peach Lip Gloss

OUT & A POUT NUDE PINK LIP TRIO - £18

I'm so happy I picked up this Lip Trio from Morphe, it contains lip liner, matte lipstick and lip gloss in nude pink shades. The formulas feel premium and the shades are nice and neutral.

Color Pencil in Backseat Love (rose beige) - RRP £4.50
This colour pencil is perfect nude to enhance your lips and overline lips for fair skin tones. It goes on creamy and has a good grip to precision work around your lip line. This has been one of my favourite lip liners this year. I would definitely buy this again.

Overall Score 5/5

Matte Lipstick in Wifey (nude pink in matte finish) - RRP £12
I was super interested in this formula, as I had heard good things about the Morphe matte lipstick formula and I wasn't disappointed. The colour is perfect nude pink and the formula is ultra-creamy matte. I would think this to be more of a demi-matte and it could be a good option for anyone who has dry lips and can't wear matte lipsticks. I would definitely buy this again.

Overall Score 5/5

Lip Gloss in Pop (peach pink) - RRP £10
Other my go-to this summer, this peach pink lip gloss is so lovely, it is lightweight and glossy. The colour applies fairly opaque and really highlights the centre of the lips. Only negative I could find about this gloss is the size of the doe-foot applicator - it is small. I don't have that big lips and I need to go back to the bottle multiple times before my lips are fully covered with the gloss.

Overall would I repurchase - definitely!

Overall score: 4/5


Morphe 8W WARM MASTER BLUSH PALETTE

8W WARM MASTER BLUSH PALETTE

While this palette looks amazing on the images, unfortunately, I didn't love this palette as much I thought I would. My favourite makeup products are complexion products - blush, bronzer and face powders and I was way too excited to receive this and start playing with the formula.

After using multiple of the shades I realised why this palette was on sale - the formula is not as blendable as you want it to be. The colours are gorgeous  - Beat, Witty and Babe are just the shades I love, but when applied on the cheeks they disappoint - they apply patchily and are difficult to blend. I'm not sure if this is only my experience with the formula, let me know on the comments if you have tried out the formula.

Morphe 8W WARM MASTER BLUSH PALETTE colour swatch on arm

Also, I feel like the overall colour story of the palette doesn't really match, the top row shades are very fair and perfect for my pale complexion, but the bottom right deep terracotta and red shades are way too dark for fair to even light-medium skin tones, especially as they are hard to blend out.

Other minor annoyance is the palette - it feels very plasticy and it is very hard to open. Making me think I'm braking the palette every time I'm opening it, also the black plastic shows up fingermarks so easily so it is super annoying to try to keep clean.

Overall Score 2/5

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments