My Over-Bleached Platinum Blonde Hair Saviour Noughty Haircare

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - October 23, 2020

I bleach my hair to light platinum blonde usually twice a month at home. While I have cracked the code for bleaching hair at home and toning it to cool blonde for myself - it still needs some TLC from time to time. Especially the few days after bleaching I want to make sure I'm taking the best care of my locks.

I have worked with Noughty Haircare before (not with blogging), but all these items I have purchased by myself. Noughty haircare is a vegan and natural hair care line that is SLS/SLES free and has a cult following by a lot of curly girls and people who follow the curly girl method. 

My hair is thin, straight, and fine and I tried out using Noughty for over 6 months' time when I was really struggling with my scalp eczema. What I learned on that journey was that my hair can't cope without SLS/SLES and I switched back to my normal shampoos. What I kept from this experiment was time to time treating my hair with To The Rescue range when my hair feels dry or unmanageable.

While I can't use natural shampoos without SLS/SLES all the time I would recommend anyone trying these out and see how they suit your hair, especially if you bleach your hair regularly or if you have curly hair.


Noughty Haircare - To The Rescue Moisture Boost Shampoo 250ml - RRP 6.99

Gently cleanse hair while replenishing lost moisture to transform dry and damaged hair. - Noughty website

This shampoo really works on damaged, dry, and unruly hair. I use this when my hair feels extra dry a few days after bleaching and would recommend anyone to try this out.  It has a nice scent and the texture is somewhat jelly-like. If you use this as an only shampoo it does take some time to lather up, but if you wash your hair with this after another shampoo, this lathers so nicely and a small amount goes a long way. My favourite way to use this shampoo is as a secondary shampoo after normal SLS shampoo. The hair feels super nourished and soft after using this! 

Overall Score: 5/5


Noughty Haircare Intensive Care Leave-in Conditioner - £6.99

Banish damaged hair and split ends to leave locks stronger for longer. - Noughty Website


I used up the full tube of this before so right now I have only left some sample sachets. This product is famous in the curly girl community and it really works on hair that needs super TLC, but if you have fine hair like mine you need to be so careful not to overdo this. I use this leave-in conditioner only in the ends of my hair, when my hair is wet and just the smallest amount. While I don't use this every day I feel like this is a great stable hair care rescuer for most people.

Score: 5/5


Noughty Haircare - To The Rescue Intense Moisture Hair Mask 300ml - RRP 8.99

Deeply hydrating mask to rejuvenate and restore the thirstiest, most over-processed hair. - Noughty website

I use this as a conditioner as I do not have the patience to wait 15 minutes for a hair mask. It has a lovely texture and smell. I do not have too much to say about this product other than it feels nice on the hair and it detangles well. It is not my ultimate favourite mask to use, but as it is natural I feel like it really nourished my hair inside out when I'm using it.

Overall Score: 5/5

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments