New Budget Beauty Find 2020! Body Collection

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - October 28, 2020

Body-Collection-High-gloss-Lipstick-Peach-Nude-budget-beauty-find-review-beauty-blog

Wilko just added a new brand to its beauty section - Body Collection. There is not too much information about the brand other than it is vegan and cruelty-free and available in Wilko stores. They do have an Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/bodycollectionengland/ I gathered enough information to see that the products are developed by Badgequo - the same company that owns Tehnic cosmetics.

Body Collection England combines classic colours and luxurious textures with quintessential, opulent packaging. From glowing foundations, beautifying bronzers and illuminating blushers to luxuriously moisturising lipsticks and sultry eye shadows, the range contains everything required to create a striking, yet classic and perfectly polished look.  https://www.badgequo.com/
 
What really drew me in was the packaging - I love rose gold and the packaging seemed amazing looking for the price point - most products costing just around £2. I decided to pick up some lipstick and concealer to try out and I'm so happy I did. I absolutely adore all the formulations!

Body-Collection-High-gloss-Lipstick-Peach-Nude-budget-beauty-find-review-beauty-blog-swatch-on-arm

High Gloss Lipstick Peach Nude RRP £2.00

The product promises to give lips a glossy splash of colour and the high gloss lipstick is available in 5 shades: Cherry, Nude, Red, Peach Nude and Pink. I picked up the shade Peach Nude and I have to say it is amazing on my pale skin tone. 

The packaging is a gorgeous shiny rose gold bullet that feels well-made and secure while at the same time it is lightweight and plastic. For the price point, I think the packaging is amazing. The formula is super creamy and lightweight and applies to the lips nicely not clinging to the dry patches that is quite common to budget creamy lipsticks. The lipstick doesn't have a scent and does not taste of anything. It feels nourishing and moisturising on lips and the colour peach nude is a perfect nude shade for anyone with fair skin tone. 

Overall Score 5/5 I would like to purchase more shades!


Body-collection-lip-crush-Lipstick-liquid-plum-budget-beauty-find-review-beauty-blog-swatch-on-arm


Lip Crush Liquid Lipstick Plum RRP £2.50

Online the product promises full coverage, lightweight formula that glides onto the lips effortlessly and provides a satin finish. 

When I picked this up on Wilko I expected this to be a matte liquid lipstick as the name states 'Liquid Lipstick', but I was surprised when trying this out that it was actually a super shiny opaque gloss or a vinyl type of lip product. While the formula surprises me, I really ended up liking this product. The colour plum is such a perfect autumn shade and the formula feels amazing and nourishing on the lips.

I would describe the formula a cross between an opaque lip gloss and a lip vinyl liquid lipstick, it applies easily, feels lightweight on the lips and provides a super glossy finish to the lips. It does bleed a bit if you don't wear a lip pencil, but other than that this is an amazing formula and you should definitely try it! Also, the packaging is super cute and reminds me of Fenty Beauty.

Overall Score 5/5 I would like to purchase more shades!

Body-Collection-concealer-budget-beauty-find-review-beauty-blog-swatch-on-arm

Illuminating Under Eye Concealer in Light RRP £2.50

This light-reflecting concealer has a cool undertone and buildable finish. The concealer promises that the under-eye area will appear brighter with just one click. 

While the shade range is not great at all, I was happy to find light enough shade for my pale complexion. I was on a hunt for a radiant concealer anyway so I wanted to pick this up and give it a try, it was £2.50 after all. I really liked the concealer, the packaging is great with the brush click applicator and the coverage is buildable medium. While the results weren't too brightening, it did cover most of my under eye darkness. I wouldn't say it is the best concealer out there, but it could be the best one for this price point.

Overall score 4/5. Would I buy this again? Most likely not, but if you need an affordable concealer and your skin tone is fair, this is a great option!

Body-collection-wilko-Lipstick-colour-care-blush-budget-beauty-find-review-beauty-blog-swatch-on-arm

Colour Care Lipstick in Blush RRP £2.00 

The colour care lipstick conditions and cares for your lips and adds a high-shine finish. I was a bit confused with this product being called a lipstick as the colour pay off is definitely more of a tinted lip balm, I'm not too sure if the other colours are more pigmented. Anyhow this lipstick does add shine and nourishment to your lips, it makes lips feel softer while adding a nice gloss effect to the lips. It does not add colour, but overall it gives a nice shine that I like. If you are looking for a budget-friendly gorgeous looking lip balm this could be it! 

Overall Score 3/5 Nice balm, but I expected more of a colour

Body-CollectionBody-collection-wilko-Lipstick-matte-Nude-budget-beauty-find-review-beauty-blog-swatch-on-arm

Matte Lipstick in Nude RRP £2.00

The lipstick promises a bold and ultra-matte finish with superb staying power. The lipstick is also said to be a comfortable non-drying formula, that I totally agree!

I wasn't too sure about the colour when I picked it up on Wilko as there weren't any open ones to try out due to covid-19, so I picked up a shade that I hoped would look good on me and it did! This nude is so beautiful on my fair skin tone. It is cool-toned nude with a pink undertone.

The formula is perfect and to be honest now one of my favourites, it is comfortable and non-drying as well as it has a great staying power. It really competes with my all-time budget nudes from Wet'n'Wild. I would suggest anyone pick a few shades and try this formula as it can become one of your favourites too!

Overall Score 5/5 I would like to purchase more shades!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments