Chanel Rouge 64 Pink Explosion Blush Review

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - December 27, 2020


Indispensable, it enhances the complexion, structures the face and creates a healthy glow effect. Uniting colour and radiance, it accentuates cheekbones and lights up the entire face. Its fine and silky powder texture glides on easily. A convenient on-the-go case that goes wherever you do for easy touch-ups during the day. - Chanel website

The Chanel Blushers promise extremely soft, fine and silky powder texture and that is what you will receive. My Chanel JOUES CONTRASTE Blush has been so loved in my collection that I think I am able to pan this beauty in 2021 and buy more Chanel blushers after that!
 

The Formula:

The Chanel JOUES CONTRASTE is a baked powder blush formula that is super fine and silky to the touch. It is almost untraceable when trying to swatch this with my finger, but when used with a brush it gives the perfect amount of colour to my cheeks. This might be also that the blush has been used and well-loved (as you can see from the images) for so many years that the formula has become stiffer.  I have also found out that this blush is one of my longest-lasting on my cheeks during the day, it works with all of my foundations and looks great every day.

The price is pretty high for a blush, but overall it lasts so long that it is a great investment if you are someone who loves Chanel and uses only one blush at a time.

The Packaging:

The packaging is the classic black plastic compact with a large mirror and brush that no one really uses, it is great on the go, but usually, I don't reach for it. Overall the packaging feels sturdy but as I have had mine for so many years, the mirror did fall down and become loose. I just need to reglue it, but haven't done that yet.


The colour I have is 64 PINK EXPLOSION and while on the pan it seems quite a bright pink, when applied with a brush you can sheer this out to be the most flattering youthful natural pink on your cheeks. In 2020 this was my favourite blush, even if I purchased so many blushers this year, I always reached for this.

I plan on purchasing more Chanel blushes in 2021. Please comment below which shade I should get!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments