My 2020 favourite beauty trends

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - December 29, 2020


1) Laminated brow

Laminated brows were my favourite trend in 2020. I think this trend has really impacted so many people's brow routines and ho they see their natural brow hairs as well. I have fairly think and blond brow hairs that if overline too much just look too strong for my face, but laminated brow really makes them stand out more in a good way! If you haven't tried this before, you must.


2) Pink everything

Pink was the trend colour of 2020 in my opinion, while the 'millenial pink' trend is said to be long gone I think pink as a colour speaks to this time and age - it is soft and feminine, but also can be strong and powerful. I think pink as a colour has such a unique feeling to it and I think especially younger generations have reclaimed the colour to represent more strength.



3) Bedazzled eye

This is such a fun trend that I hope to take part in the next party season! I love the idea to add those pearls, jewels and small glitter stars around my eyes and really creating art.



4) Fox eyeliner / kitten eyeliner

Before the fox eyeliner trend, there was kitten eyeliner that I was doing most of my life as it looked the best on my eye shape. I know there was some controversy about this trend, but I see all these trends as a celebration of beauty and if they make people try different makeup looks that end up looking great on their face shapes why not!



5) Glass Skin / Glowy skin

I think healthy natural looking glowy skin was everyone's goal in 2020. This trend really spoke to me as last year I have really seen my skin changing due getting older. I'm close to thirty and my skin needs all hydration as it can get and matte foundation sometimes feels too drying for me. My best tip to get long lasting base still is to use hydrating primer and then mix liquid highlighter with your favourite long wear foundation - this create luminious healthy effect on your skin but still makes sure the makeup stays on for most of the day.


What were your favourite trends of 2020?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments