Perfect Stocking Filler? - Benefit Minis Review

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - November 30, 2020


While Benefit's brand image has never been the most appealing to me, their affordable minis, raved brow products and powder formulas have been catching my eye time to time. I picked up recently a Dandelion blush with a gift card to a department store to try out the blush formula and with that I started using again my old Hoola Bronzer sample that I'm trying to pan. Panning this hasn't been easy and I feel that I don't have even a dip yet on the middle of the pan.

Anyway here is a bit of a review on Hoola and Dandelion.


Benefit Dandelion mini £14.50

  • Travel size
  • Hint of shimmer
  • Buildable color
  • Soft, natural-bristle brush included

This mini size blush is not cheap, but it all comes with a mirror and 3.5g of product that will take you a while to go through. I wished they had left the mirror out and sold the item a bit cheaper as I don't think that many people really use the tiny mirror in the compact.

The formula is lovely and the colour is very light neutral toned pink that is quite perfect for my fair skin when I don't self-tan. While I really love the colour, I feel sometimes the shade itself comes off a bit too baby-doll pink on my skin-tone and unless I go with that look it can look a bit young for me. 

Even if I don't mind the mirror, I think the packaging is cute and very different to anything else in the market.

Benefit Hoola super mini (sample only sold with kits)

  • Sun-kissed glow
  • Great for contouring
  • Soft, natural-bristle brush included
  • Mini format ideal for travels or first time users

I really like this bronzer! It is one of my go-to bronzers and I think it works well with my fair skin tone. The formula is super blendable, smooth and soft. It also leave soft matte look to the skin that is super important to me - I usually prefer my bronzers soft matte and not shimmery.

The packaging is simple plastic compact, feels secure and super mini size that is easy to take with you everwhere. 

I don't have anything bad to say about this bronzer. This size is 3g and I have used it for ages and you can't even see the pan yet. Would definitely recommend the mini size - it will last long time!


Overall I would pick these up in a set. Benefit does a lot of sets with bronzers, highlighters and blushers. Here is one: https://www.boots.com/benefit/benefit-gifts/benefit-cheek-party-mini-blushes-and-bronzer-10286531

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments