Birchbox November

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - November 17, 2020


Birchbox November is here! I have been so happy with my Birchboxes this year and November is not any different. While I didn't love all the product 4/5 really ticked the boxes for me. The products I received:

RealHer - Liquid Lipstick in I decide my destiny - mini size
Manna Kadar - Glo Illuminator Sample
VitaMasques - Super Green Detox Facial - full-size
Brave New Hair - Keratin Hair Mask Concentrate Sample
Birchbox - Mini mirror (This was an extra item)



VitaMasques - Super Green Detox Facial - fullsize - RRP £6.99

The sheet masks comes with 3 products: 

Match-Clay Facial Scrub

Once opened it immediately begins bubbling once exposed to the oxygen in the air, made with Green Tea, Kale, Spinach and Natural Plant Cellulose beads. This gently scrubs the skin for a cleansing result. - VitaMasque website

I really enjoyed this part of the facial. There was just enough product to cover your face and when leaving it on it started bubbling instantly. The smell was nice and overall it was lovely to use. I don't know how much I was able to scrub with this but I loved the mask effect.

Super Green Sheet Mask

Natural, biodegradable sheet mask, infused with Green Tea, Kale, Spinach, Brocolli, Tea Tree and Charcoal Powder. 

Super nice sheet mask, felt cooling, nourishing and hydrating and the mask fit well to my face. The sheet mask also smelled nice and fresh. Overall definitely a great sheet mask.

Antioxidant Seaweed Moisturiser

Lightweight anti-oxidant and hydrating moisturiser made with 7 types of seaweed extract.

As a quite small one-time use sample, it is difficult to review a moisturiser, but from one-time use I really loved this! It smelled nice, applied well and felt moisturising and soothing on the skin. If they would come out with a moisturiser I would definitely try this out.





Manna Kadar Glo Illuminator Sample size - fulsize RRP £24

The Illuminator promises: Look lit-from-within with this illuminating liquid. Like candlelight in a tube, mix this universally flattering, incandescent liquid with your favourite foundation or wear alone for a luminous, all-over glow. - Birchbox website

I'm not too sure if I just used this product incorrectly but for me, this illuminator didn't work at all. I tried it on its own on cheekbones and mixed with foundation a few times and I could not see really any shine, glow or even shimmer.

The formula is gel-like and on mine, it seems that the base and the pigment had been separated a bit - the formula just seemed unappealing paste. I won't be using this again.




RealHer - Liquid Lipstick in I decide my destiny - mini size - fullsize RRP £18

This is the second product I receive from RealHer from Birchbox, the last one was a bronzer. (read the review here). I was able to pick a shade and I took a cool pink shade.

Forget topping up your lipstick every half hour with this highly pigmented, ultra-matte liquid lipstick. It won’t rub off or crease thanks to the proven smear-resistant formulation, plus it dries down in 30 seconds for quick, on-the-go application when you need it. Top with your favourite clear gloss for a touch of glam for the evening. - Birchbox website


This is a great liquid lipstick, while matte liquid lipsticks aren't my go-to formula I really enjoyed using this. The colour is a nice mauve pink that gets a bit darker on the lips when you let it set. If you are a matte liquid lipstick lover this is a good choice.

The packaging even for a sample feels well made and sturdy.



Brave New Hair - Keratin Hair Mask Concentrate RRP £13 for 250ml

Brave New Hair is a Bulgarian clean hair care line with 0% of silicones, parafin or sulfates. It is also vegan. I really like the look of the packaging.

Benefits:
  • Softens and disciplines unruly hair.
  • Compensates for the natural protein of the hair, to increase durability and elasticity.
  • Strengthens hair.
  • Improves hydration.
  • Reduces the risk of injury.
  • Strengthens the hair from the inside.
  • Adds irresistible shine and softness.
  • Facilitates styling.
  • It also gives a fresher and nourished look.
  • It has an antistatic and retractable effect.
This is a super lovely hair mask, it smells amazing, makes hair feel super smooth, tangle-free and soft. I have fine, bleached platinum blonde hair that while it is quite smooth, due to bleaching it needs good hydrating hair mask regularly. This really worked amazing and I would recommend it to anyone to try! The price is a bit painful - £13 for 250ml, it is very expensive.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments