By Terry Haul

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - September 29, 2020

 

By Terry The Compact-Expert Dual Powder and Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm Lipsticks

I have been curious about ByTerry products a while and when the summer sale hit the website, I knew that I would want to pick up a few products.

So I picked up:
  • The Compact-Expert Dual Powders are also called All-Over Perfection matte and glow powders £38
  • Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm Fill & Plump Lipstick in shade Flush Contour - £29
  • Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm Fill & Plump Lipstick in shade Innocent Kiss - £29


By terryThe Compact-Expert Dual Powder no7 Sun Desire

This Mat & Glow dual compact powder is ideal for all skin tones to instantly mattify, highlight and set makeup for an all-over perfection. Enriched with I.M.C® (Intensive Mimetic Camouflage) technology and premium self-adaptive light-focus pigments, its airy soft-touch texture can be applied in single or duo shades, alone, for lightweight touch-ups or over foundation to provide a flawless natural looking-glow.

This powder promises to be Allover Powder, Sculptor, Highlighter, but I picked it up to be more of a blush for my pale skin tone and I wasn't disappointed. The powder is so finely milled that it applies like a dream and gives soft-focus look to the cheeks. I needed to apply this with a bit heavier hand as I like my blush to show quite prominently, but otherwise, I'm so happy with this purchase.

The look of the powder is gorgeous, compared to my Chanel blush this wins 10-1 on the look luxury look side. I love the inside shimmer and outer matte look with by Terry logo on the powder and the overall pressed pattern. I genuinely get happy every time I use this blush.

By Terry The Compact-Expert Dual Powder colour swatch no7 sun desire on arm

The colour of the powder on my skin tone is light nude pink that I really love. It is more subtle than my other blushes, but you can easily build it up on cheeks. I would recommend this to anyone with a pale skin tone. When I wear fake tan, this is too light.

Overall Score: 5/5


By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm Fill & Plump Lipstick in shade Flush Contour and Innocent Kiss

I also picked up two Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm Fill & Plump Lipstick in shades Flush Countour and Innocent Kiss. Space NK website states the following:

By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Nude is a juicy lip tint that is applied to the mouth in gel-form, it imbues the pout with a gentle sheen of colour, whilst also working to moisturise.

The packaging is absolutely gorgeous - sleek silver metal bullets with ByTerry logo embossed on top. The lipsticks do feel super nourishing on the lips and are truly gel-form. 

ByTerry Hydra-Balm is what it says - it is an intensively hydrating gel formula that has a delicate rose fragrance, it feels super nourishing on lips and gives lovely sheen and colour to them. But, it is a gel formula and instead of locking the colour to the lips, it feels a bit more like a balm that stays on top of the lips and feels quite slippery. For some, I bet this is a selling point, but for me, I was expecting these to be a bit different. I was expecting or wanting these to be - quick on the go - no mirror needed lipsticks, but as they are so soft and gel-like I could not apply these without a mirror. They do feel amazing on the lips and if you love the ByTerry scent you are going to absolutely love these!


By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm Fill & Plump Lipstick in shade Flush Contour and Innocent Kiss colour swatch on arm
  • Flush Countour: Is a nude brown-based rosy colour that I think could suit everyone.
  • Innocent Kiss: Is barely there pink nude that doesn't show up too much on my lips, but it gives nice sheen and hydration.
My favourite shade is Flush Countour. It is such a perfect rosy nude brown that looks natural on the lips and gives a nice colour and sheen to the lips. The Innocent kiss I didn't like at first, on one swipe it doesn't really do much and when you apply more the colour gathers on fine lines and dry spots on your lips without giving an even colour - not good. I have tested this out on top of my favourite lip liners and matte lipstick as a 'gloss' and it has been truly magnificent giving shine and dimension to the lips.

Would I purchase these again, maybe not, but this really made me curious about ByTerry's other products! 

Overall Score: 3/5


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments