Loreal Paradise Summer Review

By Glow Up Beauty Blog - August 23, 2020

L'oreal Paradise Mascara and Water Cream

I did a Loreal summer makeup haul in Superdrug a few months ago and I want to share with you some gems from the haul. For summer I really enjoy wearing more dewy lightweight foundations and my first summer purchase was Loreal's Skin Paradise Tinted Water Cream.

L'oreal Tinted Water Cream in Light

Loreal' Skin Paradise Tinter Water Cream SPF20


First I just want to mention that I love lightweight skin-perfecting glowy bb creams/foundations and I have been on a hunt for a next holy grail especially as my habit of using Lumene's Invisible Illumination Instant Glow Fresh Skin Tint is quite an expensive one it being £32.80 for 30ml. 

What is promises:
  • 24H hydration & natural radiant finish
  • Quenches the skin with moisture and tones up complexion for a perfect healthy glow
  • With water, aloe vera, ginger and witch hazel 
When I saw this item advertised I knew I wanted to try it. The Loreal's Tinted Water Cream really made an impression on me - it is super lightweight, applies without streaks but still gives some smoothness and coverage to the skin. It leaves healthy dewy look to the skin. I use this before going to the gym, morning dog walks and my non-makeup days as it is quick, easy and hydrating. Nevertheless, the range has some issues, first, it is the shade range. I got the highest shade called Light 01 and the shade is orange, while it does apply thinly to the skin so the colour diffuses to your skin tone a bit - it still makes my skin a bit darker and more orange than I would like. While using self-tanner this is fine to use, but if I let my skin go back to my pale self this would be way too orange for me.

Score: 4/5

L'oreal True concealer and Tinted Water Cream in Light

Loreal True Match Eye-Cream in a Concealer 0.5% Hyaluronic acid

I picked this up from Superdrug at the same time as the Loreal Skin Paradise tinted water cream as I was looking for a dewy brightening concealer that would be hydrating my under eyes. 

What is promises:
  • Care of an eye cream and the radiance of a concealer
  • Skincare infused makeup powered by 0.5% hyaluronic acid
  • Skin looks immediately radiant, brightened and less puffy
  • Dark circles and fine lines appear reduced
  • Eye puffiness reduced
  • Natural, bare skin effect finish
  • Youthful, brightened and awakened looking eyes
Unfortunately, I was really let down with this item, while the formula feels extremely nourishing as a concealer it is not opaque enough to get rid of any darkness under the eyes. I don't have an issue with undereye puffiness, so I can't really comment on that but I felt that it didn't really do much for brightening the under-eye area nor covering the dark circles that I have.

While I don't mind the pen applicator with a click I felt that the amount of product you are getting is not worth the money. Maybe this would be great for someone who doesn't have any issues with dark circles but wants to add some coverage and nourishment under the eyes. Overall for me, I wouldn't purchase this again.

Score: 1/5


L'oreal Paradise Mascara

Loreal paradise mascara

What is promises:
  • Intense volume
  • Spectacular long lashes
  • Pleasure to apply

My favourite mascara of the last few years had definitely been Loreal's Paradise Mascara. First tried it out because youtube Tati Westbrook kept recommending it and after that, I haven't looked back as it has really treated my lashes well. I have long but very fine and straight lashes that need volume in order to be seen and this Paradise mascara definitely does it when layered up, especially after few weeks of use the mascara formula dries out or thickens a bit making it even better thickening the lashes and adding volume. 


L'oreal Paradise Mascara

The only negative that I can find it that you can't really layer it up the end of the day if you would like to add a few more coats the lashes become very spidery,

The brush is hourglass-shaped, fluffy with short bristles that make the application very easy. Overall this is one of the best mascara's I have tried.

Score: 5/5


L'oreal Paradise Mascara and Tinted Water Cream in Light

Leave a comment below what is your favourite Loreal's product?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments